18100006010 LOG BOOK

I feel very fortunate for practicing the branch of my choice where I get to see vast variety of  cases  on day to day basis. Here I will be sharing few of my experiences during my junior residency . 

I have seen closely majority of cases during my first year of residency.

One of the mind blowing case was of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma:

Patient presented with fever of high grade with anorexia, he was almost worked up for 2 weeeks but we couldnt find any conclusive diagnosis. we ultimately labelled him as pyexia of unknown origin. 

Then gradually after weeks of stay in hospital patient started developing vague abdominal pain which made us repeat his usg abdomen and Erect X ray abdomen which showed mediastinal lymphadenopathy. 

we tried palpating the rest group of lymph nodes for any enlargement but there was only mediastinal lymphadenopathy, as we couldnt get any cause for his lymph node enlargement , we planned for a lymph node biopsy ct guided , which showed features suggestive of non hodgkins lymphoma.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PG FINAL YEAR (2K18-21 BATCH) UNIVERSITY PRACTICAL EXAMS - DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL MEDICINE

18100006003 CASE PRESENTATIONS

18100006005 THESIS